Sunday, February 8, 2009

what is my artwork?



Looking at my artwork I can see that my drawings are mostly fantasy art, of witches, assassins, and devils. Though most art i am enamored with is american based comics, I do see the influence of all the anime i watch in my art. Even so it is still not what would be considered a Jap-anime look alike.  when looking at some older sketches there is a distinct style of fantasy art that looks more like Dungeons and dragons (top right), and Magic The Gathering trading cards (top left ). With that in mind I am trying to improve my realism so I can create more detailed work; I would like to bring people visually into the marvel of fantasy and the adventurous stories that can be experienced with just the visuals of another non-existent world. my main problems when I draw though is that i tend to have some bad habits which make it hard to perfect my art. 

I have while drawing picked up an odd habit of starting headfirst rather than planning, I always start drawing not knowing what i will draw or what I will start with. I, a good portion of the time draw eyes then a face, then I crate the head outline and work down from there which works fine but is hard to rework or to replicate since the proportions tend to be off if I do change something. I also don't have a way to replicate any of my sketches the two up there as an example I probably wont be able to draw in a similar way. so it becomes a strange process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment