Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Where should I look?

I have been wondering what schools to look into for admissions research, but I run into some problems while i do it. The biggest problem is that when I think of what i want in a school my first thought is... well I want to go to one.

 If i start from there I need to wonder what I want out of the school. which is something that will work with art, languages, history, writing, and fashion; since there are my areas of interest I am thinking I should look into a place with these kinds of classes in mind. I also need to think of what I want to do career wise, which for me is leaning to Illustrator, or translator for novels, or an artist in some line of work with a publishing firm such as the ones that put out comics.

 I hit two walls about right here. The first is I actually don't know what it takes to be a good translator, Illustrator, or Comic artist. what exactly should I be learning? The other Wall is I actually know little about what schools are out there to be seen. My first choices are RISD, and SAIC since, Both are fine schools, and SAIC curriculum seems amazing, and is located right in the middle of chicago which I would love be in. I will most likely use these two for class but i actually have no idea if they offer what I am looking for.I guess when i finish my research i will know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment